Church Women United Project:
Audrey Schmitz Hinger
Children's Book Project
The Church Women United Madison Audrey Schmitz Hinger Children’s Book Project is being established to honor Audrey Schmitz Hinger, a long-time devoted member of Church Women United Madison and Good Shepherd Catholic Parish at St. Joseph Church, 1905 Beltline Highway, Madison, WI. Audrey died on February 5, 2022, at age 94.
Audrey was very active in Church Women United Madison. For her work she was honored as one of three Church Women United Valiant Women in 2012. As a Member of Church Women United Madison, Audrey, with her own funds and those raised by Church Women United Madison, each Christmas would carefully select and purchase books for women in prisons and halfway homes and their children. She and her husband George would personally deliver the books to the women and their children.
The Church Women United Madison Audrey Schmitz Hinger Book Project is continuing this legacy. The CWU Audrey Schmitz Hinger Book Project is soliciting:
1. Volunteers to serve on a committee to identify children who can benefit from the book donations;
2. Volunteers to serve on a committee to identify and purchase books;
3. Volunteers to serve on a committee to deliver the books;
4. Donations to the CWU Madison Hilger Book Fund to help defray the costs of the books.
Audrey Hinger Book Project Questionnaire
Church Women United Project:
Elizabeth (Liz) Ann Walker Gill
Children’s Music Project
The Church Women United Madison Elizabeth (Liz) Ann Walker Gill Children’s Music Project is being established to honor Elizabeth Gill a long-time devoted member of Church Women United and the First United Methodist Church of Madison, where she served as Music Librarian and sang in the Choir. Elizabeth was a member and active leader of the Church Women United Ecumenical Choir from its inception in 1982 to the time of her death on September 18, 2022, at age 78. The Music Project is being established in her honor.
The Liz Gill Music Project will provide free music lessons to needy children who without this project might not have the opportunity to learn music. Members of the Church Women United Ecumenical Choir have volunteered to loan musical instruments and music and have pledged their time to teach in the program.
Church Women United Madison will be soliciting space for the lessons from Member Churches. The Church Women United Madison Elizabeth (Liz) Ann Walker Gill
Children’s Music Project is soliciting :
1. Loaned Music and Musical Instruments;
2. Volunteers to pledge time to teach children in the program music;
3. Volunteers to identify Scholarship Children for the Program;
4. Member Churches to donate space for the Music Lessons;
5. Volunteers to accompany Singers in the Program during practices and performances at CWU Celebrations and Member Churches Events where they are asked to sing;
6. Committee Members to Manage the Program.
Church Women United Volunteer Pledge Form Elizabeth (Liz) Gill Music Project